About Chris Hines
Chris is a seasoned business partner and advisor who can help you achieve your short-term and long-term business objectives. His objective is to increase the value of your company.
Chris is an accomplished financial executive and successful business adviser offering more than 20 years of experience in driving profit improvement and business growth. He has successfully led business decisions in companies ranging in size from $1M in annual revenue to larger multi-unit, multi-state, and multi-national businesses with $5B in annual revenue. Chris is effective in leading cross-functional alignment of business objectives throughout the organization including: sales and marketing, manufacturing and operations, purchasing, information technology, and human resources.
Chris’s professional attributes demonstrate a unique ability to execute a deep and thorough analysis of complex multifaceted business issues. He can resolve ambiguity, identify unique perspectives of business issues, crisply summarize key decision points, and organize recommendations for high quality decision making. His business transaction experience includes deal assessment, negotiations, cash flow forecasting and business valuation modeling. Chris’ post-acquisition and strategic integration experience includes creating accounting and business processes, establishment of financial controls and reporting, and computation of purchase price allocations for accounting and tax purposes.
Chris has utilized his financial skills and business acumen across a variety of industries: manufacturing, distribution, consumer products, computer peripherals, printing, technology, professional services, franchise systems, and restaurants.
Chris’s core expertise comprises financial planning, profit improvement, P&L and KPI management, cash flow optimization, and financial reporting. Building essential growth enabling accounting capabilities and business processes for operational execution of the strategy.
Chris earned his Bachelor of Science Degree in Accounting from the University of Kentucky and is a CPA (inactive). Chris began his tax career in Public Accounting before joining a newly formed Fortune 500 Company to establish a global tax function. Following his ambition to improve financial performance and business growth, Chris transitioned to operational finance, budgeting, forecasting, and strategic planning. While Chris regularly draws upon his tax experience to initiate significant income tax savings, his passion is to work with owners and management that share his motivation to produce aggressive but sustainable organic and acquisitive growth.
Experience and Expertise
Finance and Accounting:
- Enhancing your accounting capabilities. Coaching the accounting team to support and add value to your business through processing accuracy, efficiency, and reporting capabilities. Aligning capabilities with business objectives to improve operational accountability and decision making.
- Working capital management. Improving your cash conversion cycle including an emphasis on the sales and operations (S&OP) planning process. Developing cash flow forecasting tools that integrate with financial and operational control processes to improve cash flows.
- Profit improvement. Analyze revenue, margins, and expenses for improvement opportunities. Identify potential action plans in pricing, product and service cost savings, operating efficiencies, and expense management. Developing analytical tools to improve your business model and cash position.
- Key performance indicators. Identifying and implementing key performance indicators (KPI’s) linked to strategic and operational objectives and financial reporting. Building tools to analyze and manage pricing, promotions, product and customer profitability, and life cycle planning for the products and services.
- Budgeting and forecasting. Developing operationally focused budgets and forecasts aligning management team priorities and commitments with achieving your defined business objectives. Identifying short-term and long-term incentives that reward success through achieving self-funding growth targets.
- Financial systems and processes. Assessing systems and processing capabilities in meeting the demands of a growing business. Implementing tools to improve efficiency, operational effectiveness, and information delivery. Reducing the accounting close cycle, improving accuracy, and delivering actionable information to management.
- Managing professional relationships. Coordinating with your advisers to deliver the most suitable professional services to meet the needs of your growing business. Overseeing working relationships with auditors and accountants, banks, employee benefits agencies, insurance companies, and investors.
Operating Strategy and Growth:
- Growing your unique business. Understanding the current state of the business and EBITDA trends to develop credible long-term organic or acquisition growth objectives. Analyzing strategies and investment alternatives creating a growth and profit roadmap for your business.
- Strategic financial planning. Developing KPI’s to measure progress in achieving your objectives. Identifying alternatives to fund innovation, business investment, and growth. Building resource allocations, capital and workforce, and long-term financial models that support growth and investment prioritization.
- Decision Support. Developing business models and investment cases to guide strategic decisions and establish models for new products, services, markets, and alliances.
- Business Transition Planning. Identifying options and developing a plan to exit your business meeting your financial, career, and family objectives. Implement a strategy to improve the value of your business and make it more attractive to investors. Support business valuation, due diligence, and other elements of the exit process.
- BS Accounting, Univ. of Kentucky
Certificates & Licenses:
- Certified Public Accountant (inactive)