About Scott Touro
Scott is a seasoned financial executive with over 25 years of broad experience working with business owners, CEO’s and CFO’s of companies ranging from $5MM in revenues up to $ Multi-Billion Fortune 500 companies based in KY, OH, IN and TN. The majority of his career has been as a senior credit and risk management officer approving loans to these companies up to $20 million in loan size which requires a deep understanding of the client’s business, operation and cash flows. Scott has worked in executive leadership roles for the 5th and 7th largest US Commercial banks since 2001.
Scott has had extensive exposure working with the following industries including: manufacturing, wholesaling, distribution, construction, mining, equipment dealers, transportation, professional firms (legal, medical and engineering firms), not for profits, restaurant and other franchisors, multifamily and CRE developers, and warehousing. Scott has been deeply involved in M&A transactions, ESOP’s, complex financing arrangements, private equity transactions, workout and turnarounds, developing projections, sensitivity analysis and metrics for clients. In addition, Scott has a deep network of local bankers, CPA’s and attorney’s and can facilitate relationships key to gaining access to capital and other outside expertise.
Scott is absolutely committed to investing the time to understand your business and its culture, learn your objectives and listen to your concerns and priorities so he can help you achieve your business objectives and increase the value of your company. Scott is a financial executive who has run his own businesses and his diverse experience, financial and operational expertise makes him uniquely qualified to provide solutions for your business to facilitate growth, improve profits, maximize cash and deliver value.
Areas of expertise include:
- Strategic planning. Analyzing strategies and investment alternatives and building a growth and profit roadmap for your business. Identifying creative ways to fund innovation, investment and growth.
- Key performance indicators. Identifying and implementing (KPI’s) linked to strategic and operational objectives and financial reporting. KPI’s are relevant metrics customized for your business with accurate data to understand performance trends and to measure progress in achieving your objectives.
- Budgeting and Forecasting – Developing operationally focused budgets and forecasts based on commitments your management team has made to achieve your business objectives. Developing cash flow forecasting tools and processes. Determine future capex needs and timing.
- Business Process Improvement – Streamlining and scaling business processes using best practices that have been time tested and proven. Business restructuring, turnarounds and reorganization programs.
- Profit improvement. Optimizing pricing, managing expenses, improving margins and developing tools to analyze and improve your business model. Cost Analysis and Expense Reduction. Improved profitability through revenue growth and expense control
- Cash flow optimization and working capital management (inventory, accounts receivable, accounts payable) by improving your cash conversion cycle. Successful companies recognize the importance of free cash flow and the ability of a company to effectively predict its future financial requirements. Scott has developed reporting systems and models that reliably predict cash needs, as well as forecast borrowing availability.
- Management Financial Reporting that can be used to drive business decisions. Improved accuracy and timeliness of financial reporting to all stakeholders. Product line profitability, contribution & margin analysis. Developing product and customer profitability reporting.
- Managing key vendor relationships with banks, insurance companies, accountants, attorneys, investors and other key stakeholders.
- Access to Capital: Negotiation of Commercial bank financing packages and debt restructuring including documentation language, covenants, personal guarantees, collateral requirements, rate and other structural elements. Bank compliance and covenant testing. Off balance sheet financing programs / equipment lease financing
- Business Expansion Strategies including M&A strategies and due diligence, private equity (PEG), start-up, segment divestiture and acquisition integration situations.
- Exit & Succession Planning. Identifying options and developing a plan to exit your business that meets your financial and career objectives. Implementing a strategy to improve the value of your business and make it more attractive to investors. Support due diligence and other elements of the exit process. Employee Stock Ownership Plans and business exit strategies including sale to a strategic or financial buyer. Talent identification, development, and succession planning for management buyouts.
Scott earned his Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration BBA in Finance from the University of Iowa. He later earned his MBA from the University of Kentucky.
Scott and his wife Kara have 3 middle school age children and reside in Oldham County. Scott and his wife are deacons at Beargrass Christian Church in St. Matthews and Scott is on the financial advisory board. In addition, Scott has recently retired as President of Down Syndrome of Louisville Inc. which is one of the largest such advocacy and Down Syndrome educational non-profits groups in the nation. He served as a board member and treasurer for a total of 8 years and helped to grow the organization into the size it is today. Scott also built a $10 million multifamily real estate portfolio from 2008 to 2016 and has since sold off all his properties. Scott enjoys golf, scuba diving, skiing, hiking and playing guitar in his free time.
University of Iowa BBA Finance and Minor Accounting
University of Kentucky MBA Finance and Banking